Truck Driver and Trucking Forums

Go Back   Truck Driver and Trucking Forums > Trucking Forums > Archive > Layover's Lounge (Archive)

Old 12-31-1998, 01:11 AM
Anthony M

Default I'm Taking Pain Med and have a CDL

I had a successful back operation in 12/96. I had a very bad automobile accident in 10/97 that ripped up the first surgical procedure. My ONLY option is to have a fusion that will put me off my feet for a minimum of 12 months with the possibility to have CHRONIC PAIN for the rest of my life. I currently excersice and am in great shape however, occasionally I suffer agonizing pain that does not go away. I will take a narcotic pain killer when this happens. Do I stand to loose my license if this is in my system. I do not drive for 4 hours after taking this med. but it is in my system. Do I have to stop driving forever if I take this medication. Is their a company that will hire me. Can I lease on with a company if I am an O/O and take this med. I may be out of luck. Their is no way that I am willing to take the risk of this surgery at this time. Any help would be appreciated.