Truck Driver and Trucking Forums

Go Back   Truck Driver and Trucking Forums > Trucking Forums > Archive > Layover's Lounge (Archive)

Old 09-01-2001, 05:21 PM
mysteryladyil

Default is US XPRESS TRUCKING out of ohio GOOD

THEY HAVE NO-CLUTCH TRUCKS.

HOW IS THERE TRAINING PROGRAM ?

Old 09-01-2001, 07:28 PM
sealord

Default US Express

They may have a terminal in Ohio, but isn't their main office in Tennessee (Chattanooga)?
Check URL.
Old 09-01-2001, 08:06 PM
samvic5150

Default watch yourself....

they DON'T do a full background check on you BEFORE you show up for school, so if you have anything that might keep you out...you won't know it till you've picked up and left for training in medway, ohio. i was told by the recruiter 11 people were dismissed due to fraud application alone.

just to let you know...samvic5150
Old 09-24-2001, 04:10 PM
truckersangel2001

Default US XPRESS

Yes they are are out of tenn.
Old 09-24-2001, 06:22 PM
razz

Default U.S. Express

Yes they're based in Chattanooga TN., and their training facilities are in Medway (Dayton) OH area in the old Victory Express Terminal right along I70. I guess they're OK. Just like Schneider/Roehl/Werner/JBHunt etc. there's good/bad. Only thing worse than driving Lady T's cabover would be driving one of those glorified Road Boss uglier than Big Joe Volvos LOL!!!!!!
Old 09-24-2001, 06:43 PM
mrchicken

Default US Express

US Express is alot like most of the big companies. I have never heard to many bad things about them. But be careful of the automatic trannys. If you start on one and you move to a different company that has manuals your are going to be screwed.

Mr Chicken

Keep you wheels on the road!?!
Old 09-27-2001, 04:54 PM
dodgerc28

Default usx

I have only been with USX a short while, I opted out of MSCarriers a few months ago. My miles have been all good so far(2600-2800+) home time isnt a problem. They dont pay as well as some others but the miles i get make up for. It was siad once before, I wouldnt make this a first job because of the Autoshift. But considering my lack of time OTR I think they have givin me a pretty good job. Most of there people seem rather pleased with them. OBTW, I do about 80-85% D/H and havnt touched frieght yet.
I didnt mean for this to sound like a recruiting session I am just rather happy there. I think I can hang with them until Big Joe tells me I can buy a truck >G<
Good luck and be safe
Christopher
Old 09-28-2001, 10:56 PM
danhamblin

Default U.S. Xpress Ent.

I just today came out od Medway term. I am just out of orientation. If you have ANYTHING!!! @ all bad on you DO NOT GO!!!!! They dismissed 8 people in my orientation class. THEY LOOK DEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPP!
Old 09-28-2001, 11:00 PM
danhamblin

Default U.S. Xpress Ent.

Yes, there trucks ALL have automatic trans, but they still have a clutch. I just came out of their Medway terminal in Ohio. I got a 2000 Century Class. It has an automatic and the VORAD system. Also they all have a button inside the truck to release the trlr. (Automatic kingpin release) THEY LIE OUT THEIR *** A LOT TOO!!!!
Old 09-29-2001, 04:01 AM
wyodieselmechanic

Default hmmmm.....

80-85% deadhead, how do they make money? that has to **** in the winter, pulling an empty trailer all of the time. Automatic fifth wheel release, what's next, an elevator so you don't have to climb into the cab? what's the world coming to these days? my two cents.