I hear ya
understandable, that is why I have a plan B. The equity from our house by the time we sell, will be enough to buy outright a townhouse that we'll rent out, and that will be our (my) emergency chute if need be. Anyways, it wouldn't be forever, just enough to buy some property and build what we want. We've got another 3.5yrs to decide, and things can change like everything else in this world.