Truck Driver and Trucking Forums

Go Back   Truck Driver and Trucking Forums > Trucking Forums > Archive > Layover's Lounge (Archive)

Old 04-21-2006, 04:08 AM
joarif

Default CR England Family Rider policy

Does anyone know the family rider policy for cr england, or what the family rider policy in genereal is? Im newly arried with an 8 month old baby. Help! I'd like to know before i decide to become a trucker.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:14 AM
tilar

Default Trucking, ok, Rethink CR England..

Most companies will allow spouses and children 10 years or over. Many companies will also allow friends to ride along.

I'm not sure of CR Englands specific policy, But I have yet to hear anyone that has anything good to say about CR England.
Old 04-21-2006, 09:29 AM
fozzy

Default If you are newly married...

with an 8 month old child. I'd not even be considering trucking in any shape or form, Unless of course theres a parent at home will raise the child while you are gone while they grow up without you.
Old 04-21-2006, 10:42 AM
blubird

Default I DEFINETELY

agree with Foz here. This should be the LAST thing on your mind with a child of that age.

Driving will still be there a few years from now if thats what your hearts set on.

You can NEVER get back all the missed times with your child (and there will eb MANY!), they NEED you to be there!! I speak from experience here,And truthfully that bothers me even now that my kids are grown.
Old 04-21-2006, 11:22 PM
knighton5

Default CR ENGLAND

Dang, imagine all the sleep you will enjoy with a child onboard.? Even a bored one. I dont even think a company would allow you to take a child under 8 or 10 years of age. Good luck to ya!
Old 04-21-2006, 11:35 PM
sealord

Default Riders

Knighton,
But you know some driver will think they can "fool" the company until something happens, the rider's killed, and the driver wonders why he got fired. BOL
Old 04-22-2006, 03:19 PM
knighton5

Default CR ENGLAND

Exactly, its easy to just bring a passenger onboard and not tell anyone, but that one time when something happens, your life can be turned upside down or if your lucky just get fired. Its just like the PET POLICY that companies have, I see dogs and cats in the cab all the time with Knight, and its just a matter of time before someone turns them in and they get fired. Personaly I think having a dog in your truck is a good Security deterent. Anyway, I think Ive stretched this subject off the beaten path.
Old 04-23-2006, 04:07 PM
starkitty

Default Are you nuts?

That's the exact reason I don't want to have kids. I would rather be on the road than changing diapers, and trying to drive truck with an 8 month old in tow is a really stupid and dangerous idea.