Truck Driver and Trucking Forums

Go Back   Truck Driver and Trucking Forums > Trucking Forums > Archive > Layover's Lounge (Archive)

Old 06-13-2001, 02:24 PM

Default drug test

i am not a "regular pot smoker", but did smoke some a week ago at a party. i can fully understand that trucking and drugs are a deadly combo,however at the time i was pursueing another occupation, now i am sighned up with a training school to begin at the end of june. what sort of drug testing will i be subjected to ie urine or blood,and what can i do to ensure a negative result?
Old 06-13-2001, 02:29 PM
kthomas

Default 6 weeks

Marijuana stays in your system 6 weeks. You will be subjected to a urine test, and it will catch your drug use, whether it is causal drug use or not.

Old 06-13-2001, 03:45 PM
drugtester

Default Drug Test

You will have to take a urine drug test, and yes it will more than likely be positive for THC. The only way to ensure you are clean is to STOP using the drugs
Old 06-13-2001, 04:37 PM
floppy

Default re:drug test

as long as u are not overweight and you consume plenty of fluids between now and then u should not have a problem. thc(what the urinalysis is checking for) will stay in you system for a while(about 6 weeks) but if u dont do it often then a detectable amount cannot build up in your system. my advice is you get early the day of the test drink at least 3 liters of water and take a strong multivitamin. (the vitamins will give your urine color and a high enough specific gravity to be used.) if u dont take the vitamins u will be peeing water and the won't use your pee.
Old 06-13-2001, 06:14 PM
bigjake

Default Best advice...

...is to postpone your plans for about 6 weeks and stay "clean." Then stay off the drugs after that 'cuz companies give drug tests at random (you pull into a terminal, and the safety/compliance person hands you a cup and says, "Piss" as they follow you into the can).
Old 06-13-2001, 07:56 PM
trink68

Default Easy to Pass

SORRY EVERYONE
Old 06-13-2001, 08:50 PM
ladytrucker2u

Default Oh man

Trink68..you came to this board looking for Bigjoes help with your backing up problem.....you received numerous tips on how to back up...that is what we are here for to help one another.

Now...you come back with a post that promotes getting clean...pass your drug test, no worries...use our products!!!
LadyT checked out the site. So...now...with the help of your post you have just jeopardized numerous persons careers...'hey man..I won't get caught...I'll just use !!!!!!...it will wash the drugs right out of my body'.

Well...Newbie....I hope for your sake and the driving public that you will not let Trink's post influence further casual use.

Trink68...thanks...but..no thanks. Trying to beat the system will only backfire and end up hurting people.....the drug tests are there for a purpose....keeping druggys off the road.

Now LadyT has a tip for you Trink68....if you need or feel the need to promote a site such as that to beat drug tests...then...trucking is not the career for you.
Run legal...or don't run at all!

LadyT
Old 06-13-2001, 09:49 PM
blubird

Default HMMMMM.....

!Trying to think of a tactful way of saying something!! Nope, can't do it!
Newbie, YOU screwed up! Best just cool your heels for awhile and seriously think about what is more important to you! The driving or the pot! Whether it was just once or all the time really doesn't matter! YOU SCREWED UP! and now you have to suffer the consequences! NOW is the time to STOP and think!
Trink, bud, you I am TRULY disappointed in!
YOU'D best be stopped for GOOD fella! If not I hope randoms do catch you! This is NOT the occupation for this BS and you know it!
I'll tell you both this right now! If someone drunk or high ever got behind the wheel and harmed my family. I will spend my last nickle hunting them down!
See,for your little bit of fun, my life could be ruined, my family would be ruined!
And then you will say"But it was only this one time!" STILL doesn't change the facts DOES IT!
****, I'll tell ya I'm hot over this one! And if I ever hear of some A*&&^*E trying to pass with some of that passyourdrugtest.com BS I will personally put a size 13 squarely up their wazoo!!
Gruff, call this trucker BS if you want, but Thats a fact!!!
****, Trink, just think if that was your wife that was taken out by some idiot like that! Would you think it was OK that they used that piss purifier then?
Indy blubird
Old 06-13-2001, 10:05 PM
ladytrucker2u

Default Blubird..

You did right nice..big guy!

As for Sir Gruff...I have a feeling he too would agree on this one...maybe...maybe not.

LadyT...to know me..is to love me
Old 06-13-2001, 10:21 PM
blubird

Default Thanks LT....

As you could tell THAT got MY Irish up a bit!!!
ANYONE who.... aw well, nuff said!! And I meant every bit of it!!
No offense, LT,and I respect your views. But I could NEVER walk away from this one!!
Catch you later. Indy blubird