Truck Driver and Trucking Forums

Go Back   Truck Driver and Trucking Forums > Trucking Forums > Archive > Layover's Lounge (Archive)

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-29-2002, 11:19 AM
wzeiss
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Failed Drug Test

Questions!!! DH was working for a city municipality and tested positive for drug use in August 2002, BTW he has a CDL A. Is this information sent anywhere such as the DOT and kept on file? If so, for how long? Does it fall off after so many years? When a background check is done, how would a prospective employer find out about a failed drug screen in the past? Just by asking the former employer for all records? If he does want to drive OTR at some point how long must he wait before looking for an OTR position? Does he have to complete any special rehab in the meantime to be eligible for an OTR position in the future.

Thanks,
wzeiss
  #2  
Old 09-29-2002, 11:49 AM
primerib
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default re: failed drug test

A failed drug screen will definitely
stay on your company record and could
very likely wind up on your DAC report.
The DAC is a nationwide date base
shared by ALL major outfits when
they check out/screen a perspective
new driver.

Information on file with one company
is then accesible to all other outfits
who subscribe to this service.
And most of them do.
If your drugs were of prescription than
you have nothing to worry about.
If not, pack your bags and
head for the door.

A positive drug screen on your DAC is a
three-strike offense in this line 'o work, bubba.
A word to the wise then...
STAY CLEAN AND LAY OFF THE DOPE!!!
Nobody wants another hopped-up,
coked-up, or cranked-up driver
putting all our lives at risk
out there.

Be safe,
- prime rib
  #3  
Old 09-29-2002, 01:43 PM
sealord
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Positive test

DH should have already done three things.
Request a retest of the sample provided.
Enroll in and complete a rehab program.
Get a thorough drug test done at own expense. BOL
  #4  
Old 10-02-2002, 10:42 PM
bogeydriver
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default What

Prime said!

I'll take a large coke with my Big Mac!
  #5  
Old 10-03-2002, 03:30 PM
sunrunner
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Failed Test

People like that DO NOT need to be on the road, EVER!!!!


Only a loser will turn up positive on a drug test LOSER!!!
  #6  
Old 10-03-2002, 09:14 PM
gridlox
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default RE: Failed Drug Test

Just because someone fails a drug test doesn't really make them a loser,

I don't care what you are told about testing there is only a 70% chance it is right however the DOT test is abit more accurate but still in general there is a National FALSE POSITIVE rate of 20 to 30% a good example of this is a Rx dose of 800mg of ibuprofen twice daily will test some people positive for Weed.
if you dont demand a retest they will more than likely say you was positive for Weed,

another example I rely on is I worked on Gov. contract jobs and got tested twice a month randomly there was one guy who smoked pot like a champ and over the 3 years I worked with him he NEVER tested positive he always like clock work got a FALSE NEGITIVE.

Best thing to do with a positive test: fight it, deny it, NEVER admit it, If you know you was tested with a FALSE POSITIVE they will retest the other half of your sample and pry figure out they screwed up.

NEVER accept the test is full proof and never wrong , it is a human handled test " it is human to error "

As for future employers seeing the results if your friend is a driver then yes it will more than likely turn up on a DAC and 99% of the OTR jobs he will apply for will ask him if he ever refused a drug test or ever tested positive if he lied and they didnt find it I guess all would be well, but if it came back in a DAC and he lied about it on the application they pry wont hire him anyway,

as for the DAC report if you are out of work and looking for work you are able to get a free DAC report on yourself once a year, if you are working you can still peek your DAC report by paying $8.50 U.S.Dollars and sending a request letter to DAC with all your personal info S.S.# , D/O/B , Address , I forget what all they ask for you can find more info on DAC if you search their page here or contact then via. phone
(If this just happened I would wait awhile for the results to get to DAC and see if they do or do not show up there) Its kind of upto the employer if they turn them into DAC or not.

http://www.dacservices.com/


I my self never had a problem with the test but I have had work history in HR where testing was done and learned 1st hand about it .. Good Luck hope this helps ..

Gridlox
  #7  
Old 10-06-2002, 01:19 AM
curve
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Failed drug test

Drug test are not only 70% accurate! If this was true I would have been hit by now. I take 2 or 3 every year. If your taking medication you let thm know what your taking---Even asprin- This will haunt DH for yrs to come im afraid(but glad)
  #8  
Old 10-06-2002, 02:52 PM
bigjoe
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default who cares?

Another dopehead stays off the road.

Sounds like a good deal to me.

And thats the bottom line because Big Joe said so.
  #9  
Old 10-10-2002, 11:56 AM
sexysuzy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default failed drug test

I totally agree with Big Joe who wants to run up and down the road with someone who smokes or takes drugs.The Co. that my b/f works for there are a few one even failed his test but now he is back driving because of a new law or something that does not require you to take a drug test if you are not entering the states but knowing this person I WOULD NOT WANT TO EVEN BE IN A REGULAR VEHICLE WITH HIM!!!!!!! He smokes so much dope that I am surprized he does not have an accident.

Beware when you are on the road you never know "WHO IS BEHIND THE WHEEL"
Check out my post on "who is that person behind the wheel"
sexysuzy
drive safe and make it safe for other drivers
  #10  
Old 10-10-2002, 02:10 PM
mrchicken
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Failed Drug Test

If you test positive on a drug test this information is not sent to the DOT as of my knowledge. The DOT will see it in the event of a compliance audit done with carrier as the DOT checks all drug test files at that time. A prospective employer by law is required to request drug and alcohol test info from all of you last employers for the last 3 years and by law those companies have to release the information. Thats how a prospective employer will find out about it, and it will probably wind up on your DAC report. When you test positive you have to attend your employers SAP (substance abuse program) after completing the program and taking another drug test the company can rehire you.

I agree with many of the other posters on here that a person with a history of drug use should never be able to drive truck again----not only for the safety of others but for the safety of themselves.

Keep on Truckin--------

Mr Chicken
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Failed Test? maxiva Layover's Lounge (Archive) 9 01-17-2007 02:33 PM
drug test rjhawk78 Layover's Lounge (Archive) 2 11-27-2006 12:19 PM
I failed a pre-hire test big_bird Layover's Lounge (Archive) 33 09-26-2006 12:14 AM
failed drug screen, can I drive quickie Layover's Lounge (Archive) 28 06-19-2004 04:06 AM
drug test oppie Layover's Lounge (Archive) 3 07-07-1999 07:15 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1996-2012, Layover.com All Rights Reserved