Truck Driver and Trucking Forums

Go Back   Truck Driver and Trucking Forums > Trucking Forums > Archive > Layover's Lounge (Archive)

Old 03-17-2007, 01:03 AM
mowman

Default Good Cajun restaurant easy I-10 access

I tried to find the restaurant thread, but failed.

This restaurant (Big Daddy's) had a very good Cajun lunch buffet for 8.95. Excellent food, good mix, good desert, cute and friendly waitresses, friendly locals.

There's also a Love's at the exit. The restaurant has a stage and have nightly music. It's within walking distance of the Love's, but be careful because they're on opposite sides of the I-10 overpass.

Exit 43 (for you newbies, that's 43 miles from the Louisana/Texas border).

Go north, take the first left after clearing the overpass. Keep an eye out, it's not far from the overpass. There's also a little shack that does mud bugs (crawfish) and shrimp to go. I may try that next time through. Get a pound for the cooler.

Big Daddy's is about 1/2 mile on the left in front of a discount mall. Take the 2nd exit to the mall (the first is clearly marked NO TRUCKS).

I went around back of the mall, had an easy turnaround in the dock, then parked heading out along the side of the building.

The mall isn't very busy, it's an easy park. No backing required.
Old 03-17-2007, 12:37 PM
showtrucker

Default good restaraunt

Well i know most of you like the big corporate digs but there is also the tiger truck stop at the beaux bridge exit just before you get to the long bridge from baton rouge to la fayette trust me the crawfish etouffee is some of the best i have ever had....
Old 03-17-2007, 05:53 PM
bigjoe

Default ====

Gotta agree about the Tiger. Excellent Cajun fare. My favorie is the red beans & rice with alligator sausage.

Another good one is the Rice Palace in Crowley. Fabulous seafood buffett on Friday. Also while in Texas check out the Mont Belviue Seafood House. Exit 789 on I10. Park at te Conoco fuel stop and walk over toward the Super 8 motel. The restaurant is in front of the motel.

Fantastic seafood at unbelievable prices.

Thanks Mowman for the tip about Big Daddys. In the meantime if you are in Arizona and have a hankering for the best BBQ on earth check out BBQ Joe's on US93 in Wikieup. Tell him Big Joe sent you.
Old 03-18-2007, 12:02 AM
mowman

Default dang

I wish I had logged in earlier. I drove by there right about dinner time. I'll add some waypoints so I can remember to stop next time.

Thanks for the tip.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:03 AM
pieceofwork

Default ..good eats...

Thanks for the tip, I drive by regularly. CFI keeps me busy between LA and Orlando and the trip is great. Is there ANY stretch of highway in America that is more bumpy than I-10 in Louisiana?