Truck Driver and Trucking Forums

Go Back   Truck Driver and Trucking Forums > Trucking Forums > Archive > Layover's Lounge (Archive)

Old 03-15-2006, 02:37 PM
georgiagirl

Default Hauling Campers

Does anyone have any names of companies that haul camper freight?

Please email me.

rodfam@alltel.net

Thanks.
GG
Old 03-18-2006, 05:33 PM
thippy

Default hauling campers

Check out Hoosier-RV-Transport.com
I checked into doing it a few years ago. Thought you could make some killer money but they have to run a log also, so you are limited to what you can earn. There is also a ton of deadhead involved. After putting it down on paper it just didn't fit me in what I wanted to make. Most people that are doing it are retired and do it for extra money. Hard to make a good yearly wage out of it. Good luck.
Old 03-18-2006, 11:13 PM
georgiagirl

Default My brother...

My brother has been driving since '94 and has just got his medical retirement from the military because he is 60% disabled. He was wanting something relatively easy to do to keep him busy so I told him I'd help him in any way possible. We'll see what happens. Thanks for the info.

GG
Old 03-18-2006, 11:51 PM
teamnagain

Default Moving campers

Try this this website:

www.horizontransport.com

Old 03-30-2006, 04:06 AM
showtrucker

Default rv transporters

Bennett motor express out of mc donough ga has an trailer/rv division just tell him to watch his p's and q's there I was one of their first trucks back when they started i left came back twenty years later and it had only gotten worse suffice to say they fired me in portland oregon and wouldn't even load me back can we say deadhead from portland to atlanta ! ! ! My terrible offense i had logged three consecutive days off in the same month together and refused to re-do the logs on three seperate sheets dot says ya can do that...bennett says you're an independent contractor....then they want ya to be a company controlled driver at their conveience go figure...And folks wonder why i parked my truck the past two and a half years... I own my own truck and trailer and they say you're an independent contractor then threaten to hold your money if ya don't correct it...i had spent two weeks in phoenix sitting waiting for a load yet they said nothing then makes ya wonder doesn't it....you'd think 30 plus years of accident free driving you'd be treated with respect instead of like some rookie idiot...
Old 03-31-2006, 10:43 PM
trkjocky

Default Campers

Hello if you find any one let me know thinking about buying a big pickup and start pulling campers and small trailers also ga here also lets talk