Truck Driver and Trucking Forums

Go Back   Truck Driver and Trucking Forums > Trucking Forums > Archive > Layover's Lounge (Archive)

Old 09-22-2004, 10:31 PM
tapon04

Default Highest Paying OTR job?

I have 5 years Otr experience but have been out of Otr for a while. Any advice on what Company or what type of hauling pays the most would be appreciated. I want to make 1500 or more a week. Any advice on how I might do that? I live in Alabama but need trips to Florida often because my family lives there. Thank you for the input!
Old 09-23-2004, 09:03 AM
icantinaturner

Default Just ask around the truckstops or...

on the CB. I am constantly hearing tales from drivers who are probably making at least $1500 per week.

I think the secret to making that kind of money is probably "frugality," because the folks telling me that are usually clad in 30 bucks worth of (tops) Wal*Mart attire, cheap boots, a greasy ballcap (with the bill rolled into a chicken beak), a Timex watch and appear to be in need of several thousand dollars worth of dental work... =0)

P.S. If you find the secret of making $75K per year with a non-union company, would you please come back here and post it? I thank you in advance.
Old 09-23-2004, 05:14 PM
ruswuf

Default $75,000.00

SKIP DRIVING ...GO DIRECTLY TO OWNERSHIP...
Old 09-26-2004, 12:19 PM
ado

Default Hi paying OTR jobs...

...speaking as a Schneider National driver, you sure won't find it where I'm at. I been looking around alot myself. Don Schneider & Co. are the absolute CHEEEPEST bunch of clowns running a company you could ever imagine. Thinkin' he had a name change from Schneiderstein or Schneiderman or Schneiderberg or.. well ya gets the picture I thinks. I have been looking seriously at Heartland Express lately. They seem to be among the higher paid OTR trucking companies. Just need to find the time during the week to call their recruiter and see if they have freight lanes that run near to my home. Good luck...
Old 09-28-2004, 02:37 AM
gpsman

Default I Think...

... it's generally accepted that car-haulers make the best jack in this slave market.

With 5 years good driving you'll probably be a good candidate.

MAY GOD PROTECT YOU FROM HIS FOLLOWERS
Old 09-28-2004, 08:05 AM
dallasjd

Default Blame it on the jews????

A little antisemitism there ado. The worst company I ever worked for was run by Mormoms but that shouldn't reflect on all LDS members. Sad you carry that baggage. Good Day.
Old 09-28-2004, 08:10 AM
kentsma

Default Percentage of load

not mileage..is what my son drives for and makes excellent money.
Old 09-28-2004, 05:10 PM
bets

Default You are right on the $$$

Bottom 1/3 of IBT carhaulers work 6 months out of 12 and make $50k-60 per year.

Top 1/3 of seniority make $100k + per year.
Old 01-13-2006, 08:35 PM
maxpower99

Default highest pay?

I've got one year of exp. Does anyone know of a job that would be the highest paying out there. I don't have a family so I don't need time off , willing to stay on the road for 5 years or more straight and willing to drive any amount of miles legally, and anywhere. Looking to make 150k .. I would prefer company driver but i have enough to buy my own rig. IF anyone knows who pays the best either way can you let me know...thanks for your time.
Old 01-13-2006, 09:47 PM
terminalmanager

Default 150k?

book a one-way trip to Fantasy Island cause that's the only way your gonna pull down 150k in this biz.