Truck Driver and Trucking Forums

Go Back   Truck Driver and Trucking Forums > Trucking Forums > Archive > Layover's Lounge (Archive)

Old 09-24-1998, 08:44 PM
LINDA

Default HUSBAND/WIFE TEAM DRIVERS

I am looking for information on being a husband/wife team driver. Any suggestions or thoughts would be appreciated. I have some specific questions like if any husband/wife teams have kids and if so what do they do with them when they go over the road? Do they take the child with them? If so what exactly do they do when everyone is driving? What companies have age restrictions on riders and do any companies offer spouse paid cdl training? Like I said any info would be helpful! Thanks!

Old 09-25-1998, 08:15 AM
John

Default Re: HUSBAND/WIFE TEAM DRIVERS

LINDA on 9/24/98 8:44 PM said:

>>I am looking for information on being a husband/wife team driver. Any suggestions or thoughts would be appreciated. I have some specific questions like if any husband/wife teams have kids and if so what do they do with them when they go over the road? Do they take the child with them? If so what exactly do they do when everyone is driving? What companies have age restrictions on riders and do any companies offer spouse paid cdl training? Like I said any info would be helpful! Thanks!
>>
I've been looking around at different truckin companys myself,not for husband/wife team but just for a job and I noticed that Swift advertises what you are lookin for, you'll have to ask them your self about the children situation,some of them have age limits and how many can ride with you. Call Swift at 1-800-669-7943 and ask a recruiter your questions. That number is for the western division in Phoenix,AZ. From the info they sent me, they have there own school if your inexperienced and they have trainer programs for drivers with less than 6 mo. otr that need more training, their advanced apprentice program runs two months and looks like it could lead to team driving. The only way to know for sure is to start calling as many company's that you can, track you're info for comparison and pick the one you want. also check out bullitin boards like this one and listen to what these conversations are saying,you might just here something that could save you from a bad outfit or get the right one.
>>
>>
>>Posted By: 152.163.197.68 (152.163.197.68)
>>

Old 09-25-1998, 02:02 PM
David

Default Re: HUSBAND/WIFE TEAM DRIVERS

Hi Linda,
My wife and I have just started driving cariers as a team. We work for US Xpress and it is very educational. Our kids are 18 and 21 so we leave them home to keep the house running. Learning to live together in the truck takes some getting used to. We have been married 26 years and this is a great new adventure. Good Luck.
LINDA on 9/24/98 8:44 PM said:

>>I am looking for information on being a husband/wife team driver. Any suggestions or thoughts would be appreciated. I have some specific questions like if any husband/wife teams have kids and if so what do they do with them when they go over the road? Do they take the child with them? If so what exactly do they do when everyone is driving? What companies have age restrictions on riders and do any companies offer spouse paid cdl training? Like I said any info would be helpful! Thanks!
>>
>>
>>
>>Posted By: 152.163.197.68 (152.163.197.68)
>>