Truck Driver and Trucking Forums

Go Back   Truck Driver and Trucking Forums > Trucking Forums > Archive > Layover's Lounge (Archive)

Old 04-16-1999, 08:25 PM
Bobby

Default Interview with Wal-Mart

I've been driving otr now for the last 10+ yrs with the same company and decided, since Wal-Mart was looking for otr drivers, to fill out an application. Well they called
back and wanted me to come down for an interview which is set for April 26th. I've talked to three other drivers, none of which are affiliated with the company, and all said the same thing, great company, great pay and benefits, good home-time. My question is are there any Wal-Mart drivers, past or present, that can give me any info on what to expect during the interview and what to expect, if hired, driving for Wal-Mart. Your comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Drive safely my friends.

BobbyK

Old 04-17-1999, 01:30 PM
piper

Default Re: Interview with Wal-Mart

Bobby Nelson on 4/16/99 8:25 PM said:

>>I've been driving otr now for the last 10+ yrs with the same company and decided, since Wal-Mart was looking for otr drivers, to fill out an application. Well they called
>>
>>back and wanted me to come down for an interview which is set for April 26th. I've talked to three other drivers, none of which are affiliated with the company, and all said the same thing, great company, great pay and benefits, good home-time. My question is are there any Wal-Mart drivers, past or present, that can give me any info on what to expect during the interview and what to expect, if hired, driving for Wal-Mart. Your comments or suggestions would be appreciated.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>Drive safely my friends.
>>
>>
>>
>>BobbyK
>>
>>
>>
>>Posted By: 206.107.158.93 (206.107.158.93)
>>i heard u go out all week and come home for weekends around this end....new hamp. terminal......+guys told me pay was GREAT and they liked it....i was more interested in the owner op. program......something like 1.26 per mile??
anyone want to confirm that? anyways sounds like a good comp. and if u got a good driving record dont sweat the interview.......its our world now,,,,,,,,,,