Truck Driver and Trucking Forums

Go Back   Truck Driver and Trucking Forums > Trucking Forums > Archive > Layover's Lounge (Archive)

Old 07-07-2003, 05:17 PM
kendrk6

Default j. b. hunt

anyone who has been to jb hunt orientation in dallas- need to know what goes on there. do they do screening after you get to orientation and then boot you out if they dont like what they find. i have three years exp., no tickets, no accidents but have heard they look for reasons to disquaify apps.
Old 07-07-2003, 05:42 PM
bigjoe

Default JB Orientation

Man, if you don't walk right or part your hair on the right side of your head you are gone.

The Orientation Supervisor gets the recruiter's commission for every newbie he culls out of orientation.

And thats the bottom line because Big Joe said so.
Old 07-07-2003, 06:49 PM
saguy

Default Re jb

Yeap there was like 55 people the first day, after 3 days 20 and after the last of us passed everything in orientation there were people on my bus riding to houston to get trucks and they would arrive and be disqualified. Heh I worked there for 6 months they were ok if you like low miles but with nice hometime.
Old 07-08-2003, 12:25 PM
kreeper01

Default darn

You gotta be S**ting me, J.B. Stink does that to newbies trying to get on?
I'm glad i didn't give them a call, or i'd be up a **** creek without the paddle and boat.
Old 07-08-2003, 03:02 PM
sealord

Default J.B.

Look for posts from TruckinTomfmTexas here or at truck.net. Last I knew he worked for them at the Houston terminal. He can probably give you the str8 dope.
Last I knew, JB only accepted experienced drivers, not newbies str8 out of school. BOL
Old 07-08-2003, 05:55 PM
scshorty

Default j-b.hunt

I also went to J.B orentation in East Brunswick N.J...I was floored by what went on there....first you get put in a cheese motel and you eat off a roach coach all week....and they make you put your ankles in a sling that is hung on a wall...you hang in this thing for a minute and 30 to see if you pass out. if you do you get sent home....there was a total if 15 ppl in this class 3 including my self got hired...but i went home cuz of all the lies they told me on the phone...the story changed when i got there so i stayed for the week got my 150 dollars and went home....for anyone thinking about jb...they seem good but if you are not careful they can get you
Old 07-10-2003, 08:34 PM
fozzy

Default Where do they come up with this stuff?

Most of these "stories" should have started with; "Once upon a time...."

Fozzy
Old 07-12-2003, 11:36 PM
devilsadvocate

Default the only thing I can tell you

about J B Hunt is that I have the state labor board on their tail to collect a months worth of wages they owe me. I was an hourly driver, after my first 90 days I was given a dollar an hour raise. I never saw my raise, contacted the terminal manager and he said he would take care of it. He did, he payed me for 1 week out of 5 weeks owed. So now they owe me for 4 weeks at 40 hrs a week plus overtime, the labor board is working on it. No I'm not with them anymore, went to a good company.