Truck Driver and Trucking Forums

Go Back   Truck Driver and Trucking Forums > Trucking Forums > Archive > Layover's Lounge (Archive)

Old 09-05-2006, 08:41 PM
wallyg8tor

Default Little Chub

I was just grabbing a bag of sour bears and a soadee pop at the Bosslemans here in Salina, KS. At the check out line I happened to peruse what I assume is a new product in the line of beef sticks and jerky. It leads me to believe that the marketing department at the particular company has a definate warped sense of humor. The package was a small beef stick called "Little Chub." Now I am just picturing a savvy marketing level entry guy with headets listening to Howard Stern as he's rolling in tears as people all over the nation are filling there pie holes full of "Little Chubs." I at first was going to buy one just to see how it tastes. But then I could imagine the reaction at the next family reunion when it gets all silly and someone asks if I've ever had a little chub in my mouth. Geesh, how would I honestly answer that question without being targeted as the family gay man;) So no little chubbies for me, well at least until I get the newest edition of Maxim!

Speaking of embarrasing - I call the wife nightly when I'm on the road and give her the retard moment of the day every day. Worse part is I always have something to tell...I must be quite the retard. Anyways today I spotted my trailer at the shipper in Topeka and asked if it would be alright to drop the trailer and run into town while they loaded it since it was originally supposed to be a pre-load, but they didn't have any trailers available. When I got the thumbs up, I went across town to the movie theatre and watched a movie. I forgot to leave my sunglasses in the truck, so I slid them in the opening of my button up golf shirt. Well at the end of the movie I still had half my soda and popcorn and had to go to the bathroom real bad. I didn't want to put my stuff on the sink counter while I went, so I walked in a toilet stall and held the stuff under one arm while jocking my "little chub" out. During the process, my sunglasses unlodged and fell directly into the bowl.

I hollered doggine on it you piece of *&&^%. And just b4 grabbing my sunglasses out, I sad out loud, "This is just plain gross!"

Well, I quickly tinkled and flushed and when I walked out this little boy and dad were staring at me like I just walked out of the looney bin, there were a couple by the urinals who gave me a funny loook, so I'm assuming they were all wondering what I was up to in that little stall.

I was a bit embarrased as I walked away toting a large bucket of popcorn and large soda under one arm and a pair of dripping sunglasses in the other had. Hopefully they put 2 and 2 together but who knows what was going through they heads;)
Old 09-05-2006, 09:29 PM
toomegamisfedrvr

Default hee....heee.heee....

....I'll bet the "horsemen" are proud of you....hee....heee.
Old 09-06-2006, 11:31 AM
bigjoe

Default proud

We are always proud of Brother Wallyg8tor. Sometimes its hard to take the boy out in public but hes worth 3 in a fight so we keep him!!
Old 09-06-2006, 04:36 PM
toomegamisfedrvr

Default 10-4....

....bigjoe....catch him in the right mood and he's a class act.