Truck Driver and Trucking Forums

Go Back   Truck Driver and Trucking Forums > Trucking Forums > Archive > Layover's Lounge (Archive)

Old 11-19-2002, 05:02 PM
valkrider

Default lot lizards?

I was just wanting some input about how much lot lizards and vagrants bother you when you are at truck stops and rest areas, I've heard some stories about how they will pound on your truck doors at 3am looking for business or money is there much truth to that? I do not plan on using lot lizards, and don't want to give hand outs to vagrants. Are there places one should try to avoid where the lot lizards/vagrants are really a problem? If anyone has input about their experiences I would appreciate it. Thanks
Old 11-19-2002, 06:14 PM
bowow

Default whores

I can't add much on this subject
cause the company I was with did
dedicated routes so I was only going to
the same truckstops all the time.

I only HEARD them on the CB.
"Any body want their truck polished,
go to channel 4".
There was a woman on the CB everynight
in Indianapolis on exit 4 that offered
such services but my trainer said she
was legit.She really did JUST want to
clean your truck.And did a mighty fine
job at that.

There was only two times where someone
knocked on my door.Both times it was
a confused lookin' dude,who couldn't
speak english,wanting us to drop him
off in Chicago.
NO THANKS!!

Good luck Valk,let me know where you go
or what you end up doing.I will find
out tomorrow my start date.

Old 11-19-2002, 08:57 PM
ripp

Default Lot lizards

IMO,it isn't the problem it was..I got into trucking in 93 and had "knocks" on my door and such at various places around the country..Been a long time since I have been bothered at all..I do hear ads over the CB,but not sure if they are the "real deal" or not...Actually heard some drivers complaining at the Pilot on I55/74 exit 160a about how it used to be such a "hot spot" for commercial company.Now days they aren't to be found...I got a chuckle when they said it was because the "new breed" of trucker has ruined it??????Not sure what that means....Maybe it means that the "new breed" isn't willing to risk thier life(read AIDS)over some tail..
Old 11-23-2002, 05:03 PM
razz

Default Places to stayaway from

Here's a few:
Dunes T/S I94 Exit 15 Lake Station IN.
I94 MM 36 in MI rest area
I94 MM 95 in MI rest area
Be especially careful around the last one 'cause there's some mean-assed drag queens running around there!!!!!
Rest area on I30 west of Memphis used to be real bad for door knockers.
Old 11-24-2002, 08:52 AM
interplanetarydriver

Default lizards

i always remember the truckstops in indiana just before you got to illinois being pretty gnarly.there was a ta and a ponderosa right around the corner where all the action was happening.i dont remember the exit number.
the vince lombardi rest area in nj on the turnpike before you got to nyc had action.
and the truckstop in philly is very shady as well.good luck in your quest to "learn" more about this subject dude...but dont get too curious or before you know it youll be calling them over to your truck to relly find out what goes on.
oh one last place-in ohio the rebel lounge off of i 80 across from the ta when you get into ohio from pennsylvania always has strippers and alcohol and truck parking and in the truck stop youll find commercial company and next door to the rebel lounge is a chinese bath house.
Old 11-24-2002, 06:14 PM
goneriding24

Default Twice I've had my door handle flipped...

while at Loves in Tucumcari, NM and Mountain Home, ID. I always park as close to the store as possible and still this happened. So I swung by my home and picked up my dog who believes in guarding me with her life, and haven't had a problem since.
Old 11-24-2002, 06:22 PM
whitedog

Default A few more

Queen City Truck Stop; Springfield, MO.

Bruces Truck Stop; Tulsa, OK.

Laredo Truck Stop (Exit 3B); Laredo, TX.

Flying J; Oklahoma City, OK.

These are the only four where I actually had them wake me up...otherwise, I've heard them on the C.B. just about anywhere you go.
That "No lot lizzards" sticker don't work.
Old 11-25-2002, 09:10 PM
pallyo66

Default lizards

Oh ya! Always a story from someone about the good 'ole Walt Witman in Philly and the Rebel in Youngstown.
Old 11-28-2002, 12:17 PM
okumba1

Default Lizards ?

I guess Im a Trucker Lizard :o) Hehehehe

Why do you think I got into the trucking business, to travel and meet hot "Mens" :o) hehehe

yes Dorothy there are gay truckers :o)
Old 11-28-2002, 09:37 PM
skullitor

Default Lot Lizzards

It's not as much a problem anymore. Lot's of times there Female undercover
COPS! Trying TO TRAP YOU! NEVER Discuss
$$$. Once you say a dollar amount, YOUR
BUSTED!I watched a J.B.Hunt driver the other night get busted. He left his CB Mike Keyed open. So Others Didn't get busted. So If YOUR into Lot Lizzards,
Get Them Naked,And use a rubber. Remember "AIDS"??? You can't get arrested in PA. for the "John Law" unless you say a $$$ amount. LET HER
TELL YOU HOW MUCH! Nod your head, Keep
mouth SHUT! Or ask her off the bat if she's a cop! / Police Officer. She Can't
LIE!
Good Luck.
Good Luck.