Truck Driver and Trucking Forums

Go Back   Truck Driver and Trucking Forums > Trucking Forums > Archive > Layover's Lounge (Archive)

Old 02-20-2004, 10:05 AM
newguy79

Default P.A.M. Transport Payroll Question

I see that their pay is issued by Comcheck through an 800 number at the driver's home terminal. The literature says it is similiar to an ATM card. But is there any way I can transfer this money to my bank account instead? Because I've got bills to pay! Thanks for any help.
Old 02-20-2004, 10:47 AM
icantinaturner

Default Piece of cake

Your settlements are loaded on your Comcard/fuelcard. You may use the Comcard as an ATM card for cash on the road. You can also deposit money directly to your home bank account from the Comcard using the 800 #, your card # and your PIN#. Comcheck does charge a small transaction fee and you can check with your payroll folks to find out what it is.

The system works well, but the ATMs in the truckstops are a ripoff, charging $1.50 and up for each withdrawal transaction. To me it is ridiculous to pay $2 for a small withdrawal and I've watched people withdraw $20 - 40 from their cards. That's nuts!

Best bet is to make one big withdrawal if you must (I think $200 is usually the max) or cash a Comcheck when you fuel.

Old 02-20-2004, 11:39 AM
sealord

Default Pay

You don't say whether you work for PAM, but why don't you ask their HR types if they do split pay, some direct deposit and the rest to ComCard.
A company I drove for did that and it worked well for me.
Agree with previous poster about non-bank atms being a rip-off. BOL
Old 02-20-2004, 08:36 PM
hey_you

Default personally

anybody i work for that puts my paycheck into somebody elses account, is somebody i will not work for...

sorry...if the company i am to work for saves, by making me pay to get my money....shoots themselfs in the foot before i start....

didn't even fill out an app for carrol, because of that...give my money to me....not to some third party....