Truck Driver and Trucking Forums

Go Back   Truck Driver and Trucking Forums > Trucking Forums > Archive > Layover's Lounge (Archive)

Old 09-13-2000, 05:58 PM
manmade

Default prime inc and stevens trans truck lease

i was looking at some of the lease purchase
programs out there and i was wondering if there are any drivers that have had any dealing with prime or stevens transport. i know some of you will say you will run good for a few months and then the miles will drop.but that has been the problem with all companys. plus i used to be a dispatcher and i know if you turn down a load or your not a top proformer you get the .... loads.
but i need company info thats more in detail
then that. john
Old 09-13-2000, 06:22 PM
michael

Default why

Why are you doing a lease purchase from the carrier that you may work for? If you have spent any time in this or any other forum and asked this question you would know by now that this is the stupidest thing that you could do. But,hey don't believe me. Go to ooida.com and look at their legal cases against prime. If that doesn't scare the #&%$ out of you then go ahead and piss your money away. Run Forest run and work until you can afford a down payment in cash and then deal with a reputable truck financier,not an employer that controls everything!
Old 09-15-2000, 11:32 AM
sleeve

Default Lease purchase

I have never heard anything good about Prime, and Stevens is a little different.

Stevens does not have a lease purchase program. It is a straight lease. They lease you a new truck for 2 years. It isn't cheap, $600. a week plus 3.5 cents a mile maintenance. The benefit is you get a new T2000 with full warranty. If the maintenance is done correctly you should have no major problems leaving you with a nice nest egg in the maintenance account at the end of 2 years.

It may be true that you are buying their equipment for them but you are doing the same thing as a company driver. The average take home should be 20% more when you lease and they help you make that, after all it is their truck.

Stevens seem to be more honest than the companies with a lease purchase deal. Lease purchase deals lead you to believe you will own your truck when you most likely never will.