Truck Driver and Trucking Forums

Go Back   Truck Driver and Trucking Forums > Trucking Forums > Archive > Layover's Lounge (Archive)

Old 02-03-2007, 12:03 AM
pepper45

Default Stupid drivers

My Rant.

I hear so many drivers throwing off on people in cars for doing stupid things while on the phone. Does anybody ever notice how many TRUCK DRIVERS are doing something cruital and you look and they're HOLDING a phone up to their ear. Making a turn, changing lanes, trying to park, on and on and on.

This week..in line at Banning Scales. Central Transport truck in front of me and he just starts rolling back. I trun on the CB..holler at him..nothing. He rolls back into the front of my truck. Dents the bumper and the grill. I really don't want to cause a scene at these paritcular scales, so I try to get the other drivers to get his attention. He's on the darn phone.

Two days later. Las Crucez. I just came out from my shower, sitting in my truck doing paper work, I look over and this guy beside me has a cell phone to his ear. He goes to pull out..never even clears the front of my truck before he starts to turn, and the swing catches my mirror. I holler at him to stop. But he gets on the interstate going west...Never has a clue what he did. And of course, nobody could get a truck number.

Both times, this would have been an incident on my record, right?

If you're gonna be on the phone, use a headset, and drape the cord behind your back to keep it out of your way. If you can't pay attention and drive, for goodness sake..put the darn phone down.
Old 02-03-2007, 07:14 AM
miss_behavin

Default Yes!!!!

You can always tell when someone's on the phone before you ever catch up to 'em. They slow down, don't maintain their speed.
I'm thinking the 'use of cell phones prohibited while driving' isn't such a bad idea.
Old 02-03-2007, 09:32 AM
mowman

Default stoopid drivers

So there they sit... talking on their cellphones.. falling off the throttle.

They look in the mirror and notice they're getting passed by a company truck.

Can't have that, they're back on it. But before their trailer clears, they've already forgotten and once again they fall back.

So there you sit in the hammer lane, doing 65 while some idiot sooper-trucker is playing hop toad with you in the granny lane and you're being berated on the radio for doing the turtle race.

Old 02-03-2007, 09:40 AM
aftershock

Default Hmmmm

Maybe those truck drivers who do what Mowman described are on their cell phones to report a bad driver.
Ya reckon?

LoL
Old 02-03-2007, 11:32 AM
buttercupnm

Default re:stupid drivers

to pepper

read ur reply about cell phone and drivers. I agree...IF YOU CAN BUY A BURGER KING COMBO...YOU CAN AFFORD A HEAD SET...JUST TELL YOUR CALLERS HOLD ON IM PUTTING ON MY HEAD SET AND THEY CAN WAIT TWO SECONDS.....
Old 02-04-2007, 01:54 AM
kennycc

Default your talking about the punjabs

yeah i think its the punjabs in general that talk on the phone well there driving i would say 9/10 are on the phone i always wonder who the hell they are talking to i dont understand it. im good at noticing those kindov things and evrey punjab has a phone to there ear well there driving. the only thing i can think of is it is their second job doing some sort of technical support trying to make a couple extra dollas
Old 02-04-2007, 03:05 PM
kreeper01

Default I must agree, Pepper.

I must indeed agree with you, Pepper. I had several drivers pass me on the interstates yacking it up on there da*n phones.

For Christ sakes, to all you drivers with cordless phones, you should pay a hell alot more attention to what is around you than yacking on your darn phones. Some phones have call waiting, voice mail and such on your phone. Use those options and get back to the party(s) who called you once you get your truck pulled over and parked.

Other drivers are getting hit out here with irresponsable people talking on phones.