Truck Driver and Trucking Forums

Go Back   Truck Driver and Trucking Forums > Trucking Forums > Archive > Layover's Lounge (Archive)

Old 05-10-2004, 06:21 PM
bigsexy441

Default What company out their will hire almost anybody?

Is there a company out their, that will hire almost anybody? If so, give me some feedback. Thanks
Old 05-10-2004, 07:02 PM
crusinangel

Default Well..

When you ask that kind of question- -it seems to me you have something to hide and probably shouldn't be driving.

Care to share what that "secret" might be? Maybe then some folks can give you some suggestions based on your needs.
Old 05-11-2004, 01:20 AM
ccrraaiigg

Default LOOK here

SWIFT
Old 05-11-2004, 11:48 PM
bigsexy441

Default No secrets

There is no secret, I'm doing this for another Driver who had has five jobs within the last three years. He asked me, and so I put here to see if anybody knows a such company or companies. Sorry for not for not explaining myself fully.
Old 05-12-2004, 12:31 AM
crusinangel

Default Several job changes....

....on a resume' are not a trucking career death sentence providing- -

1) The driver has a clean driving record. This includes his MVR as well as his DAC.For example: no tickets or chargable freight claims or accidents.

2) His reasons for seperating from the company or companies were valid. For example: He left because he wasn't getting enough miles or money.

3)He was not fired from any of the companies for insubordinate behavior. For example: Was fired for threatening the life of his dispatcher or load coordinator.

4) He was not fired from any of the companies for failing a random drug screen.

If "your friend" has that clean record and in his driving career has acted in a calm, professional manner he shouldn't have much trouble applying and being accepted at most companies out there.
Old 05-12-2004, 12:41 AM
bigsexy441

Default You're right to the point

Well CruisnAngel, that somes it up. Everything you mention is basically what he his. He was never fired and he did what he was suppose to do. According to him, he just want a company that's going to give him respect. (Like who doesn't), He was arrested recently and he was curious about certain companies would hire him. Thanks a lot for information, I'll pass it on to him.
Old 05-12-2004, 09:19 AM
crusinangel

Default "New" wrinkle

A recent arrest (for any reason) could be a career death sentence for "your friend". It will depend on what he was arrested for.

Most companies today require drivers to haul hazardous materials. With the new Homeland Security regulations in place a driver with an arrest record may not meet the requirements.

Almost all companies also exercise free trade across the US/Canada border and require drivers to be able to haul freight across the border. An arrest record can prevent them from qualifying to do so.