Truck Driver and Trucking Forums

Go Back   Truck Driver and Trucking Forums > Trucking Forums > Layover's Lounge

Layover's Lounge Our local discussion forum where you can discuss just about anything that is related to the trucking industry.

Old 11-17-2011, 04:05 PM

truckerbabe87 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Any companies that will hire drivers that have been terminated???

I just got my cdl in July 2011. I have 3 1/2 months experience. I worked for CR England for 1 1/2 months and CRST for 2 months. Both companies terminated me, but for different reasons. CR England terminated me for "violating company policy" (having sex while off duty when I was a student). CRST terminated me for "filing a false sexual harrassment claim" (CRST is a co-driving company. They generate lists to give to drivers with names/numbers of other drivers to call to find a co-driver. One gentleman sent me pictures of his privates so I reported him for sexual harrassment. Finally I did send him a picture back, thinking he would back off when he got what he wanted. CRST said that I had filed a false sexual harrassment claim and fired me.) Most companies I have applied to since, won't even look at me when they see that I have 2 back-to-back terminations, eventhough they aren't driving or safety-related. Anyone know of any companies that are willing to take on a driver that's been terminated with only 3 1/2 months experience???
Old 11-17-2011, 04:28 PM

bigjoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any companies that will hire drivers that have been terminated???

Now this sounds really fishy. I would believe anything CR England would do, but if the 2nd allegation is true, did you not save the pictures of his privates for proof?

This doesn't ring true but one suggestion...offer sex in exchange for being hired to your recruiters & safety personnel. That could probably get you in the door.

Just sayin'.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:24 AM

juno_hoo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckerbabe87 View Post
I just got my cdl in July 2011. I have 3 1/2 months experience. I worked for CR England for 1 1/2 months and CRST for 2 months. Both companies terminated me, but for different reasons. CR England terminated me for "violating company policy" (having sex while off duty when I was a student). CRST terminated me for "filing a false sexual harrassment claim" (CRST is a co-driving company. They generate lists to give to drivers with names/numbers of other drivers to call to find a co-driver. One gentleman sent me pictures of his privates so I reported him for sexual harrassment. Finally I did send him a picture back, thinking he would back off when he got what he wanted. CRST said that I had filed a false sexual harrassment claim and fired me.) Most companies I have applied to since, won't even look at me when they see that I have 2 back-to-back terminations, eventhough they aren't driving or safety-related. Anyone know of any companies that are willing to take on a driver that's been terminated with only 3 1/2 months experience???

Fishy story indeed... England has a policy about off duty sex? Where were you doing it -- in the driver's lounge??? On a loading dock? C'mon!

And if the driver sent you an offensive picture, did you report it right off the bat? What possessed you to send a picture in return to make him "back off?" If you're picture was revealing, it might make him **** off, not "back off."

I think companies aren't interested in you because you seem to lack common sense... Sorry, but sometimes the truth hurts.

Having said all that, I'm betting that you've already received a bunch of PMs from drivers who are looking for "co-drivers" on this board and they'll find -- or say they'll find -- a company that will take you on.
Old 11-25-2011, 12:12 AM

davrus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckerbabe87 View Post
not sure but my company may give you a chance , what state do you live in?
Old 11-26-2011, 01:48 AM

Roxanne Rambles is on a distinguished road

I know of none. As a recruiter, I wouldn't touch your application for anything. You're way too risky for a safety violation or worse yet, a lawsuit for anything sexually related.

Good luck though. An owner operator who doesn't check your background would probably work with you before another company would.

RR
Old 11-26-2011, 07:56 PM

winrowfarms is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to winrowfarms

do ya drive well willing to learn want to try work hard i need team to help on my truck i own 10 drive one my self want to make more on mine so i can grow but want some one to work hard willing to pay all mile truck runns have w900 13 speed i run 12000 plus a month my self want to get to20000 as team serious let me know vern
Old 11-26-2011, 07:59 PM

winrowfarms is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to winrowfarms

call
Old 11-26-2011, 09:11 PM

aftershock is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by winrowfarms View Post
do ya drive well willing to learn want to try work hard i need team to help on my truck i own 10 drive one my self want to make more on mine so i can grow but want some one to work hard willing to pay all mile truck runns have w900 13 speed i run 12000 plus a month my self want to get to20000 as team serious let me know vern
WoW!
Averagin' five-thousand miles a week is some serious Big truck truckin', Vern. I'm guessin' you haul your own product for consistent miles? What do you haul and what's your back-haul?
If you could provide a tad more information describin' your operation it would be appreciated.
You're askin' for a lot from a Big truck truck co-driver and there are those who can git-er-dun, --- but they're few and far betwixt, and not usually unemployed. Make a driver like that happy and they'll return the favor. On the flip side of the coin, they're able to detect the presence of perfumed bovine excrement.

If your offer is genuine it could be a great opportunity for the right person, experience and financially wise. Having pulled a dedicated run coverin' 6,700 miles in seven days, -- on a very tight schedule, I'm here to attest that the Big truck's door hinges received very little wear, but overall the miles are quite do-able and very financially rewarding for both drivers. But, both drivers have to gel and work well as a team. A great team has been compared to a marriage and in many ways it is similar. Give and take is the key to a successful team operation. Preferably where one is weak, the other is strong and can, and will, cover each other's back when necessary. It's possible for one of the team to do a greater share than the other, but as long as that's acceptable with both, -- the chemistry for a good workin' relationship is in the mix.

Whether or not a rookie can handle the program would, I'm sure, depend a great deal on an experienced co-driver's ability to instruct and lead by example. Needless to say patience would be paramount for a positive result. I'm thinkin' it'll take time for a rookie to be capable of runnin' five-thousand miles a week consistently. But if, and when, they can, ..... it'd be a big feather in their Big truck truck driver's cap. Not every driver can, or would be willin' to, run like that.

I sincerely hope that you find the right co-driver and your goal is reached, ........ or exceeded. I'd like to imagine that somewhere out here there's someone sayin',
I don't believe what I'm readin'.
This is too perfect.
It's exactly what I've been lookin' for.

Good luck Vern.
Please keep us informed.

Last edited by aftershock; 11-26-2011 at 09:21 PM. Reason: dot my tease and cross my eyes
Old 11-27-2011, 10:59 PM

juno_hoo is on a distinguished road

Well said Art, but I think the "qualification" that Vern (and plenty of other "team partners") is looking for in a driver was spelled out by TB87 in this sentence -->

Quote:
CR England terminated me for "violating company policy" (having sex while off duty when I was a student).

I think that what gets you fired at CRE... might get you hired at Vern's company. Who cares if they can drive as long as they're willing to help you get a load off.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:43 AM

aftershock is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by juno_hoo View Post
Well said Art, but I think the "qualification" that Vern (and plenty of other "team partners") is looking for in a driver was spelled out by TB87 in this sentence --> C.R. England terminated me for "violating company policy" (having sex while off duty when I was a student).
YeaH, that's how it appears.
Such a simple company policy to follow,
even a cavewoman could do it.
It seems that the Sons-0-Chester prefer their students to have sex while on duty as opposed to off duty. I wonder if the English logs have a
On Duty Havin' Sex line?
If so, would it be on top, or the bottom?

Quote:
I think that what gets you fired at CRE... might get you hired at Vern's company. Who cares if they can drive as long as they're willing to help you get a load off.
Quote:
I dunno 'bout that amigo.
Vern wants to run twenty thousand miles a month.
How quick is a quickie these daze?
Would less than seven-minutes have to be logged as fifteen?
Or would that qualify as a non-event, --- requirin' no record?

I wonder if male students at C.R. England are permitted to have sex off duty,--
or is that just for the chicks?