Truck Driver and Trucking Forums

Go Back   Truck Driver and Trucking Forums > Trucking Forums > Layover's Lounge

Layover's Lounge Our local discussion forum where you can discuss just about anything that is related to the trucking industry.

Old 12-26-2008, 11:48 AM

littlehill is on a distinguished road
Default Companies and Pet Policies

My husband and I are getting ready to choose a company to team drive with but need one with a pet rider program. We have 2 small pomeranians under 5 lbs each and would really like to take them with us. Any info would be appreciated. Would like to leave out ASAP but can't go till we find a place that will let us take them along.
HELP
Old 12-26-2008, 02:37 PM

sealord is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Companies and Pet Policies

I can't imagine why any one would abuse an animal by taking one on a big truck. It's like the owner doesn't care if the pet's hearing is impaired over time. Unbelievable! BOL
Old 12-26-2008, 08:07 PM

jslider is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sealord View Post
I can't imagine why any one would abuse an animal by taking one on a big truck. It's like the owner doesn't care if the pet's hearing is impaired over time. Unbelievable! BOL

my parents drove with swift and had a lahps apso or whatever kind a little dog it was, they drove 3 years otr with the dog and no problems dog loved being with them and no health effects at all.

i dont think it will be a problem and from what i understand almost all companys offer a pet ride program but most require a deposit which is understandable.
Old 12-26-2008, 09:07 PM

kalamity_jane is on a distinguished road

Interstate Distributor out of Washington....I liked working for them and they had a pet policy...the deposit was stiff but they have good equipment. I think they do some training to get you on the road as well...

Look here...http://www.intd.com/intd.nsf/id/30-10?opendocument

With the economic problems I have no idea if they are even hiring.

Good luck.

KJ
If every idea must now and forever, be considered anew whenever someone brings it up, no progress is possible at all. All ideas are in principle challengeable, but in practice, unless there is new information, old issues get resolved and put aside. As Sagan said, one should always keep an open mind, but not one that is so open that your brains drop out. Climate Science gavin @ http://www.realclimate.org
Old 12-26-2008, 10:04 PM

gpsman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well... there are trucks other than 300 series Peterbilts...

Personally, I think trucking is less than an ideal existence for many if not most pets, but proper daily attention to the exercise requirements of a small dog seems likely to allow the animal to thrive and be happy.

See: http://www.cesarmillaninc.com/
Old 12-27-2008, 04:37 PM

purplepassionpit is on a distinguished road

littlehill u sound just like me.I won't drive for a company that does'nt allow pets.Usually under qualifications there is something that may say something about a petpolicy or email or call the recruiter.They'll know for sure.The company i'm driving for now does'nt have a pet policy but I sneak my dog on board.My boss told me to wait 90 days but heck with that.I've been sneaking her onboard from day 1 and that's been 4 months ago.But then again i'm not driving for some major outfit either.There are many companies that do allow pets along with a huge pet deposit.Keep on looking you'll find something.
Old 12-27-2008, 04:40 PM

blacksheepdawg is on a distinguished road

I lookin' for a truckin' company that'll
HIRE a Dawg.
Old 12-27-2008, 04:47 PM

purplepassionpit is on a distinguished road

sealord you don't know what you're talking about.Taking an animal in the truck is not abusing the animal.My dog gets plenty of exercise.She has a 50 ft leash but I still let her run loose at a restarea as long as noone is around.Heck she gets more exercise then at home.I can't speak for anyone else but my dog gets out of the trk when I do as long as it isn't too cold.Then you say the dog will go hearing impaired over time.Sealord what drugs are you on? Either that or you must be driving an extremly loud truck.
Old 12-27-2008, 07:48 PM

gs12bloke is on a distinguished road

Quote:
i guess that explains why my big baby cant hear me when i shout at him after havin the 150cc 2 stroke roaring in his ears for years!!!!

Old 12-27-2008, 08:40 PM

2mega is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksheepdawg View Post

I lookin' for a truckin' company that'll
HIRE a Dawg.
Forget it !!!!....

But if you're willing to drive a bus..I suggest you call Greyhound.

Driving a truck aint no dawg and pony ("Horse") show..ya know.

Last edited by 2mega; 12-27-2008 at 08:56 PM.