Truck Driver and Trucking Forums

Go Back   Truck Driver and Trucking Forums > Trucking Forums > Layover's Lounge

Layover's Lounge Our local discussion forum where you can discuss just about anything that is related to the trucking industry.

Old 10-31-2007, 08:12 PM

truckincowboy79 is on a distinguished road
Default Is Schneider a good company

i been a company driver for 4 yrs, im signin on with schneider to lease a truck and be owner operator, Is schneider a good company where i can make a livin or is there any warning i should know about. or any other companies that are better. Thanks,
Old 10-31-2007, 08:54 PM

fozzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is Schneider a good company

What's so bad about being a company driver? The risks to a lease driver and any and every family member is just not worth it!
Old 10-31-2007, 10:05 PM

kalamity_jane is on a distinguished road

All I know is what I was told by those that leased on with Schneider...they were happy and making money...but it's like anything else...they were good business people...Good Luck..

KJ
If every idea must now and forever, be considered anew whenever someone brings it up, no progress is possible at all. All ideas are in principle challengeable, but in practice, unless there is new information, old issues get resolved and put aside. As Sagan said, one should always keep an open mind, but not one that is so open that your brains drop out. Climate Science gavin @ http://www.realclimate.org
Old 10-31-2007, 11:30 PM

truckincowboy79 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalamity_jane View Post
All I know is what I was told by those that leased on with Schneider...they were happy and making money...but it's like anything else...they were good business people...Good Luck..

KJ
Thank you for the info jane.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:59 AM

gpsman is on a distinguished road

This site was designed by, and is maintained for Schneider drivers, and anyone seeking information on driving with the "Mighty Orange!!

Enter the forums to ask questions about driving with Schneider or any other driving question you might have. The answers you receive will come from current Schneider drivers and from ex-Schneider drivers as well, so you will be assured of getting both sides of every issue to help you make the right career choices.

http://www.pumpkindriver.com/
Old 11-01-2007, 06:21 PM

kalamity_jane is on a distinguished road

Well done gpsman...I forgot about pumkindriver...LOL...how'd I do that?

KJ
If every idea must now and forever, be considered anew whenever someone brings it up, no progress is possible at all. All ideas are in principle challengeable, but in practice, unless there is new information, old issues get resolved and put aside. As Sagan said, one should always keep an open mind, but not one that is so open that your brains drop out. Climate Science gavin @ http://www.realclimate.org
Old 11-02-2007, 11:57 AM

icantinaturner is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpsman View Post
This site was designed by, and is maintained for Schneider drivers, and anyone seeking information on driving with the "Mighty Orange!!

Enter the forums to ask questions about driving with Schneider or any other driving question you might have. The answers you receive will come from current Schneider drivers and from ex-Schneider drivers as well, so you will be assured of getting both sides of every issue to help you make the right career choices.

http://www.pumpkindriver.com/
GPSMAN!!! Nice to see ya posting again.

I'm no fan of lease purchase, but your post is right on the money. Might as well get the info right from the "Punkin's mouth," no? I suspect that if one of those LP programs work, it could very well be Schneider's.

If I were Cowboy, I'd go company driver first, see how things are working and if LP pencils out, go for it next spring/summer when things perk up. I'll be darned if I can see the wisdom in jumping in with the economy losing steam, freight slowing and winter approaching...
Old 11-02-2007, 01:55 PM

truckerron is on a distinguished road

why wood you want to pay for there truck ...will it be new ... why work for a co that has 50 million trucks after paying everything what will you net if you dont breakdown
Old 11-11-2007, 03:05 PM

sodbuster19 is on a distinguished road

I am starting there on the 17th. I need to have controll over my hometime so I don't miss anytime with my children. Not being a company driver for the last 4yrs has come in very handy. I do my orintation in Green Bay on Nov.17th.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:43 PM

bigjoe is an unknown quantity at this point

Leasing a truck fom Schneider is the dumbest move any human being can possibly make....besides leasing from CR England or Prime. Dang, I just can't believe people can be these naive.

I want to say how can people be so stupid, but I'm certain that Schneider has painted you a rosy picture..and their recruiters have a glib tongue that can make any unsavvy person drool with anticipation.

You will never be independent as an O/O with Schneider. Even with a truck completely in your name you can't be independent. Piss off one of their dispatchers by turning down a load to go see your children and watch what happens. They will penalize you by making you sit or only offer the crappiest loads they can find. How about back to back loads to Butte, Montana in the middle of the winter?

Go ahead and discount my advice and do it anyway...some people need to find out the hard way...but I'm hoping you'll be smarter than you appear to be....for your kids sake if nothing else.