Truck Driver and Trucking Forums

Go Back   Truck Driver and Trucking Forums > Trucking Forums > Layover's Lounge

Layover's Lounge Our local discussion forum where you can discuss just about anything that is related to the trucking industry.

Old 04-20-2008, 02:06 PM

gertjack is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Jb Hunt Lease Purchase

HELLO MY NAME IS GERTRUDE JACKSON AND I RECENTLY SIGNED ON TO J B HUNT LEASE PROGRAM THAT TURNED OUT TO BE A VERY BIG MISTAKE. I JUST GOT MY TRK IN FEBUARY AND ITS BEEN PRETTY MUCH A TOTAL NIGHTMARE. MY PROBLEMS STARTED LAST MONTH WHEN BRANDON THE OPERATIONS MANAGER TRIED TO FORCE ME TO GIVE UP MY TRK MIND U I ONLY HAD IT FOR ABOUT 2 WEEKS. SO I WAS GIVEN 2 OPTIONS I COULD EITHER GIVE UP THE TRK OR I WOULD SIT OUT HERE WITH NO FREIGHT AND GO SO FAR IN TO THE HOLE THAT THEY WOULD TAKE THE TRK.ONCE I INFORMED HIM THAT I WAS RECORDING THE CONVERSATION HE HUNG UP. THE NEXT DAY I RECEIVED A MESSAGE FROM THE DIRECTOR OF THE LEASE PROGRAM TO CALL HIM HE INFORMED ME THAT BRANDON TOLD HIM I AGREED TO TURN IN MY TRK I LET HIM KNOW THAT WAS NOT CORRECT. BY THE END OF THE CONVERSATION HE ALLOWED ME TO GO BACK TO WORK AND ASSIGNED ME A NEW FLEET MANAGER. THATS WHEN IT REALLY GOT BAD EVERY WEEK MY MILES ARE LESS THAN 2000 AND IVE BEEN REQUESTING A NEW FM FOR NEARLY A MONTH NOW. I DECIDED TO BE SURE BEFORE I JUMPED TO CONCLUSIONS. SO MY FM WAS OFF WORK FOR A WEEK AND SOME1 ELSE WAS WATCHING HIS BOARD AND WHAT DO U KNOW THAT WEEK I TURNED ALMOST 2500 MILES. ONCE HE RETURNED TO WORK MY MILES WENT BACK BELOW 2000. AT THAT TIME AGAIN I REQUESTED A NEW FM ONLY TO BE INFORMED BY BRANDON THE OPERATIONS MANAGER THAT THIS WAS MY 2nd FM AND THAT THE NEXT ONE WONT BE SO NICE.I DIDNT REQUEST THE FM I HAVE I WAS ASSIGNED HIM BY THE DIRECTOR. SO IM JUST LOOKING FOR SOME INPUT ON WHAT SHOULD I DO REGARDING THIS SITUATION. CAUSE MY LOADS ARE ON TIME IM USUALLY OUT HERE FOR 3 WEEKS,BUT IM NOT GETTING NO MILES AND NOT MAKING NO MONEY AND I DONT WANT WHAT I FEEL TO SABOTAGE TO RUIN ME FINANCIALLY
Old 04-20-2008, 02:24 PM

icantinaturner is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Jb Hunt Lease Purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by gertjack View Post
HELLO MY NAME IS GERTRUDE JACKSON AND I RECENTLY SIGNED ON TO J B HUNT LEASE PROGRAM THAT TURNED OUT TO BE A VERY BIG MISTAKE.

I JUST GOT MY TRK IN FEBUARY AND ITS BEEN PRETTY MUCH A TOTAL NIGHTMARE. MY PROBLEMS STARTED LAST MONTH WHEN BRANDON THE OPERATIONS MANAGER TRIED TO FORCE ME TO GIVE UP MY TRK MIND U I ONLY HAD IT FOR ABOUT 2 WEEKS. SO I WAS GIVEN 2 OPTIONS I COULD EITHER GIVE UP THE TRK OR I WOULD SIT OUT HERE WITH NO FREIGHT AND GO SO FAR IN TO THE HOLE THAT THEY WOULD TAKE THE TRK.

ONCE I INFORMED HIM THAT I WAS RECORDING THE CONVERSATION HE HUNG UP. THE NEXT DAY I RECEIVED A MESSAGE FROM THE DIRECTOR OF THE LEASE PROGRAM TO CALL HIM HE INFORMED ME THAT BRANDON TOLD HIM I AGREED TO TURN IN MY TRK .

I LET HIM KNOW THAT WAS NOT CORRECT. BY THE END OF THE CONVERSATION HE ALLOWED ME TO GO BACK TO WORK AND ASSIGNED ME A NEW FLEET MANAGER. THATS WHEN IT REALLY GOT BAD EVERY WEEK MY MILES ARE LESS THAN 2000 AND IVE BEEN REQUESTING A NEW FM FOR NEARLY A MONTH NOW.

I DECIDED TO BE SURE BEFORE I JUMPED TO CONCLUSIONS. SO MY FM WAS OFF WORK FOR A WEEK AND SOME1 ELSE WAS WATCHING HIS BOARD AND WHAT DO U KNOW THAT WEEK I TURNED ALMOST 2500 MILES. ONCE HE RETURNED TO WORK MY MILES WENT BACK BELOW 2000.

AT THAT TIME AGAIN I REQUESTED A NEW FM ONLY TO BE INFORMED BY BRANDON THE OPERATIONS MANAGER THAT THIS WAS MY 2nd FM AND THAT THE NEXT ONE WONT BE SO NICE. I DIDNT REQUEST THE FM I HAVE I WAS ASSIGNED HIM BY THE DIRECTOR.

SO IM JUST LOOKING FOR SOME INPUT ON WHAT SHOULD I DO REGARDING THIS SITUATION. CAUSE MY LOADS ARE ON TIME IM USUALLY OUT HERE FOR 3 WEEKS,BUT IM NOT GETTING NO MILES AND NOT MAKING NO MONEY AND I DONT WANT WHAT I FEEL TO SABOTAGE TO RUIN ME FINANCIALLY

Hi Gertrude (my mom's name too, cool) and welcome to Layover. I've taken the liberty to put some space in your post so I could read it. Without starting a "contest" with you, I want to hint that using ALL CAPS usually means you're shouting on the net and makes your post hard to read.

The first step in the problem solving process is identifying the problem. Here's what I don't get:

- Why did Brandon want you to give up the truck? Please be specific and tell us the reason he gave you.

- What problem are you trying to resolve? Again, please be specific and narrow things down for us, like, "I'm being mistreated by my current FM and he isn't giving me miles."

It sounds like you are getting no miles and making no money...

Old 04-20-2008, 03:38 PM

desporado69 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to desporado69

Quote:
Originally Posted by icantinaturner View Post

Hi Gertrude (my mom's name too, cool) and welcome to Layover. I've taken the liberty to put some space in your post so I could read it. Without starting a "contest" with you, I want to hint that using ALL CAPS usually means you're shouting on the net and makes your post hard to read.

The first step in the problem solving process is identifying the problem. Here's what I don't get:

- Why did Brandon want you to give up the truck? Please be specific and tell us the reason he gave you.

- What problem are you trying to resolve? Again, please be specific and narrow things down for us, like, "I'm being mistreated by my current FM and he isn't giving me miles."

It sounds like you are getting no miles and making no money...

Thanke icanaturner, I could not read that post my self. As far as leasing, it is always a mistake to lease on a company. I have a question. Is J. B. Hunt making all over the road into leased drivers?
Old 04-20-2008, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desporado69 View Post
Thanke icanaturner, I could not read that post my self. As far as leasing, it is always a mistake to lease on a company. I have a question. Is J. B. Hunt making all over the road into leased drivers?
I'd bet a dollar to a donut hole that they'll never do that, but they sure wish they could. There just aren't enough drivers around who want to take the chance. Now that fuel is going through the roof, it seems pretty smart to stay a company driver, IMHO.
Old 04-20-2008, 07:36 PM

u would think that their orientation are full almost every week with drivers wanting to lease a truck when i went thru in febuary there was a driver who said it was his 6th time back his 3rd time in lease purchase
Old 04-20-2008, 09:01 PM

swerve is on a distinguished road

Gertrude...

I feel REALLY BAD for you in YOUR situation right now...

MOST lease/purchase deals with the large carriers have an INHERENT conflict of interest...

I SUSPECT that they would be MORE concerned in receiving a return on THEIR assets (trucks) than YOUR asset -- Therefore, when freight is SLOW -- they'll be MORE concerned with keeping THEIR trucks rolling...

ADD to that -- when FUEL is SKY HIGH -- they'll shove off all the HEAVY loads to the Lease operators...

Maybe I'm just PARANOID -- but that would seem to be the way BIG BUSINESS would work...

Like IKE -- I ALSO don't understand why they were encouraging you to turn your truck back OVER to them -- with what you've told us SO FAR, that doesn't make any sense...

I DO think you're doing the RIGHT THING to come onto "trucking" boards and ask advice...

There are MANY MANY YEARS of experience represented here...

I WISH I KNEW the answers for you...

BEST OF LUCK!!!

Old 04-21-2008, 10:35 AM

So Gertrude, please don't keep us in suspense. Why did they want you to turn in the truck? What problem are you trying to resolve?
Old 04-21-2008, 10:59 AM

showtrucker is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to showtrucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by icantinaturner View Post
So Gertrude, please don't keep us in suspense. Why did they want you to turn in the truck? What problem are you trying to resolve?
Hmmm kinda sounds like a page from the "old" (not to be confused with the new flatbed/van)western express they got so bad back in the early eighties that the government stopped them from doing lease-purchases.... So us small fleet owners over there ended up with the trucks they used to sell to individuals.....one in particular i researched and it had been sold thirty seven times at 3500.00 down payment and 550.00 a week payment...now this was a three year old fleet spec cabover freightliner....to the best of my knowledge there were only three or four guys out of a couple of thousand lease purchasers that actually paid off their trucks a pretty low success rate.... Always remember NOBODY GIVES YOU ANYTHING IN THIS BUSINESS..... if they want rid of you then you might as well go.....and save yourself some headaches......they'll starve you out one way or the other as they hold all the cards.....
Old 04-22-2008, 03:06 AM

well brandon said it was for bad service they gave me service failures for loads that i didnt commit to but i asked the director how could i get service failures for loads i didnt commit to and how is my service so bad when the 3 lds i pulled delivered on time and if my service so bad why would u offer me a company trk thats why i said if there was a real reason for them to pull my contract then it would have been over and done with so since there was really no reason now they are going to try and make me give up the trk.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gertjack View Post
well brandon said it was for bad service they gave me service failures for loads that i didnt commit to but i asked the director how could i get service failures for loads i didnt commit to and how is my service so bad when the 3 lds i pulled delivered on time and if my service so bad why would u offer me a company trk thats why i said if there was a real reason for them to pull my contract then it would have been over and done with so since there was really no reason now they are going to try and make me give up the trk.
well i think i am starting to understand your problem but it does surprise me that all those drivers keep coming back to the company and even leasing trucks again and again like the guy who did it three times because i thought that drivers for your company were smarter than average truckers but maybe i was wrong however i think id do understand all that stuff about brandon and changing fleet managers and why they wanted the truck back but it surprises me that they did want the truck back since the company makes more money by leasing the truck to you because they get more money from your lease payment even if you don't haul a single load in a week which means that JB Hunt knows that it is cheaper to use a lease operator because they are cheaper per mile than a company truck since you have to pay all the expenses but i am sure you penciled that out ahead of time and there is probably something in your contract that says that they can't make you take a load because if you were forced to take a load that would make you an employee rather than an independent operator which is why companies like independent operators since they don't have to treat them as nice as an employee and because they dont have to pay them as much as company drivers but brandon should have known that as a lease operator you couldn't be forced to take the loads and given a service failure unless you committed to them and since you didn't commit to them there was no service failure but maybe brandon is used to dispatching company trucks and they can be forced to take a load or they will be fired so maybe it is brandon who should get fired but since you had the truck for two weeks and only hauled three loads it doesn't seem like lease purchase is such a hot idea but you probably figured out all that before you leased the truck and it must have seemed like a good idea at the time before brandon started messing with you and angering you to the point that you came to Layover and posted your situation but i believe that you wer on time since you only pulled three loads in two weeks and we could deliver that much freight on a bicycle which might have been a better idea than going lease purchase but that is water under the bridge and i hope that things have settled down with brandon and he is not saying that you are having service failures so you are making good money now but if you have more problems in the future you might want to post on another trucking board and see if they can help you out some more or at least more than we did but i hope your day is going good now that things are sorted out.