Truck Driver and Trucking Forums

Go Back   Truck Driver and Trucking Forums > Trucking Forums > Layover's Lounge

Layover's Lounge Our local discussion forum where you can discuss just about anything that is related to the trucking industry.

Old 02-05-2011, 01:25 AM

mouahouse is on a distinguished road
Default schneider national per diem pay!

If you want to know how schneider pay for per diem with team driver it work like this... they tell you it .32 cent a mile then .36 for 3 months then .39 for 6 months... you get .32 but the company will take .02 cent for keeping track of your info... so you left with .30 cent... then .18 cent your gross pay for you use it for yourself on the road so it tax free, such as buying food expense, use it or lose it, I dont know how much... so here your pay .12 cent a mile you make sound good right "lol"... and .02 to .03 bonus if you can make 200 to 300 mile a day or 500 miles for .04 cent bonus a day, so adding the .12 cent with the .04 cent your total pay is .16 cent a mile... I had this and we made $150 each for our first week of work split mile... they dont tell you this until they hire you... When the manager wrote it down and told us this is how we gonna get pay .32-.02=.30-.18 gp= .12+.04 (500 mile)=
.16 cent per mile...
I check my paycheck and it .16 cent not .30 like the lady at the headquarter (Green Bay WI) told us .30 cent... they really got me there... so i wonder how they gonna pay you when you take per diem off, because you have to be on it for 90 days before you can take it off... team driver headquarter Indianapolis IN... I dont know how solo get pay but they start .29 cent with the per diem that even less...
Old 02-11-2011, 06:54 AM

omax1 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: schneider national per diem pay!

Wow.... I always wanted to work for them, but when I got started in Nov. 2010 I was told all the good stuff. I was promised $0.35 a mile, but when I stared working and started seeing all these brake down and I was told it was because I was on Per diem. After all the cut and breakdown I was left with $0.19. I only work for then for 1month and that was it. because I'm not ganna pull no one load for 0.19 cents.... Be very careful of Schneider National about what they tell you as fair as pay, I'm not saying do not work for them, but watch out and understand the way you are gonna be pay before you began your orientation with then. I repeat do not be trick with all that "Tricky breakdown" just to get you work for minimum wages. I rather **** a dish!!!
Old 02-12-2011, 07:09 PM

aftershock is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouahouse View Post
If you want to know how schneider pay for per diem with team driver it work like this... they tell you it .32 cent a mile then .36 for 3 months then .39 for 6 months... you get .32 but the company will take .02 cent for keeping track of your info... so you left with .30 cent... then .18 cent your gross pay for you use it for yourself on the road so it tax free, such as buying food expense, use it or lose it, I dont know how much... so here your pay .12 cent a mile you make sound good right "lol"... and .02 to .03 bonus if you can make 200 to 300 mile a day or 500 miles for .04 cent bonus a day, so adding the .12 cent with the .04 cent your total pay is .16 cent a mile... I had this and we made $150 each for our first week of work split mile... they dont tell you this until they hire you... When the manager wrote it down and told us this is how we gonna get pay .32-.02=.30-.18 gp= .12+.04 (500 mile)=
.16 cent per mile...
I check my paycheck and it .16 cent not .30 like the lady at the headquarter (Green Bay WI) told us .30 cent... they really got me there... so i wonder how they gonna pay you when you take per diem off, because you have to be on it for 90 days before you can take it off... team driver headquarter Indianapolis IN... I dont know how solo get pay but they start .29 cent with the per diem that even less...
Solo drivers are paid .29 cents for every mile that they drive.
Team drivers receive .16 cents for all miles the Big truck is driven.
So, as a team, if one driver covers 450 miles and the co-driver runs another 425 miles, both drivers would be paid .16 cents for 875 miles, ($140.00)

A solo driver who covers 450 miles at .29 cents would be paid $130.50.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:36 AM

bored_ike is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aftershock View Post
Solo drivers are paid .29 cents for every mile that they drive.
Team drivers receive .16 cents for all miles the Big truck is driven.
So, as a team, if one driver covers 450 miles and the co-driver runs another 425 miles, both drivers would be paid .16 cents for 875 miles, ($140.00)

A solo driver who covers 450 miles at .29 cents would be paid $130.50.

As usual, good explanation by Art.

I think the OP is confusing himself with "per diem" pay as well as the split. I don't know how Schneider does it but some companies take out a couple of cents per mile from whatever the normal mileage pay is and call it "per diem."

Per diem sounds good and you still get the money. You are not taxed on the per diem, but the downside is that, since you were paid per diem you can't deduct it when you file your taxes. Not a big deal since most are going to file without itemizing anyway.

There are other downsides, but the end result is that the company that pays per diem also pays less of their half of your payroll tax, so it saves the company money.

Old 07-20-2014, 12:13 PM

a62dave is on a distinguished road

They had just started that per diem option when I came off the road. We were paid straight mileage. Our last year (of two) teaming, my wife and I were paid 40¢/mile, +up to 5¢/mile in bonuses each quarter (sometimes we only made 3¢/mi bonus-idling during live load/unload). We had every other weekend at home. Our last year (2004), we each grossed $48k after two years with Schneider. We were nowhere near the top of the pay scale. I solo'd for six months... 5¢ less per mile, crappier loads, always tired... Teaming is the way to go.