Truck Driver and Trucking Forums

Go Back   Truck Driver and Trucking Forums > Trucking Forums > Layover's Lounge

Layover's Lounge Our local discussion forum where you can discuss just about anything that is related to the trucking industry.

Old 02-25-2009, 10:21 AM

mmmhoss is on a distinguished road
Default Re: will any carrier hire someone with a felony?

Yes Mr Felon

They will hire you, when they have hired everyone in front of you, with experience and not a felon.

Not to worry. If the economy picks up, this will happen.

You may not get a job right away. But I think you stand a great chance of getting a truck driving job, if you really want it and strive for it.

And for the person who thinks everyone has commited a felony, but may not have been caught.......wrong.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:23 AM

angeleyes31 is on a distinguished road

And what ever you do, do not pick Swift. They are a sorry outfit to the trucking industry.

Old 02-25-2009, 11:21 AM

tween5and99 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmhoss View Post
And for the person who thinks everyone has commited a felony, but may not have been caught.......wrong.
I quickly scanned this tread - and I don't believe anyone said that.

But, I will say this: if there are those who claim to have never committed any felony; not one single time in their lives, they're either liars, under 12 yrs. old, not well "boned-up" on felony statutes, or they're as rare as unicorns. The only other possibility, the worst case scenario - they're as dull as a bag of rotten figs.

Last edited by tween5and99; 02-25-2009 at 11:57 AM.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:47 AM
Banned

toomegamisfedrvr is on a distinguished road

A lot of the dastardly deeds we did 40 and 50 years ago were not considered felonies....you could knock a guy off a bar stool and nobody gave a shiite..except the guy..and he might take the law in his own hands.

The Janis Joplin types in the 60's and 70's had their revolution and as they assumed power and positions of authority, they created inane laws that cause some folks to be convicted of a felony now days.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomegamisfedrvr View Post
A lot of the dastardly deeds we did 40 and 50 years ago were not considered felonies....you could knock a guy off a bar stool and nobody gave a shiite..except the guy..and he might take the law in his own hands.

The Janis Joplin types in the 60's and 70's had their revolution and as they assumed power and positions of authority, they created inane laws that cause some folks to be convicted of a felony now days.
Did you really get the impression that's what he was talking about?

Now get to orientation! Jenna's getting frustrated.

Last edited by tween5and99; 02-25-2009 at 12:29 PM.
Old 02-25-2009, 02:35 PM

mdtruker is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to mdtruker Send a message via Yahoo to mdtruker

Thats a typical felons response to jokingly refer to us that dont have felons as "hollier than thou, gods gift etc.." Get a grip loser , you commited the crime now do the time. Not being able to fine a job is part of your punishment !! Everyone these days in this economy is having a hard time finding a job but were supposed to have compassion for some loser felon. Hell for all we know you could be a child rapist..And no ive never committed a felony if you must ask . Does this surprise you that some people live within the laws of our society? Im sure you'll come back with some smartass response yada yada yada .. My advise to you is to learn flip hamburgers .
Old 02-25-2009, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdtruker View Post
Thats a typical felons response to jokingly refer to us that dont have felons as "hollier than thou, gods gift etc.." Get a grip loser , you commited the crime now do the time. Not being able to fine a job is part of your punishment !! Everyone these days in this economy is having a hard time finding a job but were supposed to have compassion for some loser felon. Hell for all we know you could be a child rapist..And no ive never committed a felony if you must ask . Does this surprise you that some people live within the laws of our society? Im sure you'll come back with some smartass response yada yada yada .. My advise to you is to learn flip hamburgers .
Give a rest dude. "Child rapist?" That's just a "hillbilly cheap" shot. Besides that... "for all we know," you are.

The guy is trying to find a job. He appears to be frustrated and a bit angry. So what? Have any of us not been there? Other than you of course?

"Learn flip hamburgers?" My advise to you is to "learn speak English."
Old 02-25-2009, 05:15 PM

mdtruker is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to mdtruker Send a message via Yahoo to mdtruker

5and99 it must have made your day seeing that I forgot to put the word "to" in learn to flip hamburgers. Is your life that sad that you resort to looking in blogs for mistakes ???

As for the cheap hillbilly remark , I dont know where you come from but here we look down on child rapist. Your education seems to be about the 5th grade level where they resort to calling names when you hear something you dont like.You better go back to school abit before you open your mouth.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdtruker View Post
Your education seems to be about the 5th grade level
Jealous?
Old 02-28-2009, 06:54 PM

lady_j499 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomegamisfedrvr View Post

BINGO! WE HAVE A WINNING STATEMENT! TOOMEGA

YEARS AGO WOULD I HAVE ALLOWED THE LAW TO THROW MY DAUGHTERS DAD IN JAIL FOR KISSING ME B4 I TURNED 18? NO...BACK THEN A KISS WASN'T A FELONY! EVEN THO OUR MARRIAGE TOOK A TURN FOR THE WORSE? I WANTED THAT KISS JUST AS MUCH AS HE WANTED TO GIVE IT! We parted friends and NEVER to be anything MORE EVER AGAIN!

AS FOR THE ALCOHOL & DRUGS? IM HAPPY THEY HAVE CRACKED DOWN ON THAT STUFF! THE YEARS OF SMOKEY & THE BANDIT ARE LONG GONE! AND NOTHING MORE THEN A MOVIE MEMEORY!

"TIME IN A BOTTLE" (song) REMAINS A MEMORY AND NOTHING MORE!

Lady_J