View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 01:26 PM

juno_hoo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: buying a used truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostof99 View Post
I also think this guy's probably gone off to seek more "positive" input regarding his plans to buy a truck.

I've never owned one, but thought about it a few times, and exhaustive number crunching always led to the same conclusion - if I can't afford a new one, then I can't afford a used one.
Positive input is too true and I don't get it. If I'm going to make a major purchase of anything, I want people to give me every possible reason as to why what I'm about to do is a really bad idea. They may very well point out something that I had never considered and, in doing so, save me some money.

Then again, there are people who want reinforcement for bad ideas and it sort of covers their a$$ when things go wrong. They can always say, "Well, everyone told me it was a great idea!"

But when I think of the O/O thing, it is really kind of insulting to the zillions of company drivers who have at least toyed with the idea. Are all company drivers too stupid to jump on a really good thing? I don't think so. I've seen a slew of people on these boards who could have easily gone O/O if they wanted to, but they didn't. Smart move.