Truck Driver and Trucking Forums

Go Back   Truck Driver and Trucking Forums > Trucking Forums > Layover's Lounge

Layover's Lounge Our local discussion forum where you can discuss just about anything that is related to the trucking industry.

Old 03-08-2012, 07:43 PM

ghostrider38 is on a distinguished road
Default Little advise please

I'm in school now to get my cdl's. I have been pre approved at Werner for a job after i finish my schooling. My question is i have 2 misdemeanors on my record for pessession of marijuana. 1 charge is over 10 years old and the other is 4 to 5 years old. Do any of you think this will be a problem for me to get hired. I put all this on the app for them. Thx if some one can help
Old 03-09-2012, 01:56 PM

ghostof99 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Little advise please

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider38 View Post
I'm in school now to get my cdl's. I have been pre approved at Werner for a job after i finish my schooling. My question is i have 2 misdemeanors on my record for pessession of marijuana. 1 charge is over 10 years old and the other is 4 to 5 years old. Do any of you think this will be a problem for me to get hired. I put all this on the app for them. Thx if some one can help
If Werner already knows about it and "pre-hired" you, what's the problem?

Prob'ly wouldn't be a bad idea though, before you climb on the bus to go to orientation, to call the safety director and talk to him/her about it. (Safety always has the final word on who gets hired. Whatever you do, do not take the recruiter's word for anything.) If safety is aware of your situation, and still tells you you're approved to come to orientation, I don't think you have much to worry about.
Old 03-11-2012, 02:00 PM

ghostrider38 is on a distinguished road

Thank you. I,ve just read alot of sites where people have been sent home for different things and I just wanted to know hw to go about it.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:22 PM

ghostof99 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider38 View Post
Thank you. I,ve just read alot of sites where people have been sent home for different things and I just wanted to know hw to go about it.
I think it's wise of you to be concerned about that, and that's why I suggested you check with safety.

You have to keep in mind that the recruiter's motivation is to put butts in seats at orientation in any way possible. You can't always rely on what they tell you. Also (and the reasoning behind this has always been a mystery to me) many companies don't actually begin the major screening process until after orientation commences. Trainees get sent home all the time for reasons which should have been discovered before the bus ride.

Again though, if the safety department tells you your possession convictions aren't going to be an issue, I believe you'll be OK.