Truck Driver and Trucking Forums

Go Back   Truck Driver and Trucking Forums > Trucking Forums > Archive > Trucking Personals (Archive)

Old 08-27-2006, 02:10 AM
newstyle

Default Mcelroy Trucking

Anyone have an opinion on mcelroy trucking, I believe the are out of Cuba Alabama, and run flat beds. They say your home every weekend? Thanks
Old 08-27-2006, 02:29 PM
tndriver

Default Flatbed

I've seen them around for quite a while. Their drivers seem to ok people with ok attitudes. There trucks aren't the fanciest or the fastest, but I don't see them broke down on the side of the road either.

Personally... You could do worse.
Old 08-28-2006, 12:13 AM
maverickdrivernwife

Default Mcelroy

Hello read your post and I don't know a whole lot about that company, but I done about 4 months research on different trucking companies for my husband prior to his decision to become a driver, And there were only 2 companies in my reserach of over probably 20 companies that were in comparision as far as pay, benefits, hometime, and a decent transition from your current job pay and the training pay offered. My husband went with Maverick, but Mcelroy was the only other option he chose due to the training pay, home time, benefits, and overall transition. Cents per mile was also in comparision with Maverick. Hope this helps... Good Luck