Truck Driver and Trucking Forums

Go Back   Truck Driver and Trucking Forums > Trucking Forums > Trucking Personals

Trucking Personals Our local discussion forum for truck drivers seeking driving partners, pen-pals, or companions.

Old 02-10-2009, 12:56 PM

jmarker429 is on a distinguished road

this thread has been deleted

Last edited by jmarker429; 04-26-2009 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Delete thread
Old 02-14-2009, 11:57 AM

lefty5558 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: I am an Instuctor/Trainer with Prime

hey jm, i am out of reno nv. are they hiring in this area?
Old 02-14-2009, 12:18 PM

jojodemo is on a distinguished road

Justin you are in your 30's. How many miles have you logged and how many companies have you driven for? What makes you qualified? How long have you been with Prime? What is the success rate of Prime students? What is the safety record of successful Prime grads? Thanks
Old 02-14-2009, 03:36 PM

mdtruker is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to mdtruker Send a message via Yahoo to mdtruker

Yes go to Prime and be his extra log book. Or lease one of Primes trucks and you too can be paying a $2800 per month truck payment on a truck youll never own .Add on all the other things Prime holds your money for and youll be well over $3400 per month .. Take a weekend off and go without a paycheck for a month..

LOL I know im going to get some smartass reply from you for this post..But please reply first with how much Prime charges you per month for that truck !!And also post in here how many abandoned trucks Prime had last year, plus the Prime turnover rate !!

Just because you fell into the Prime trap and are getting screwed over doesnt mean you should bring someone else in to go down with you...Just my opinion
Old 03-15-2009, 11:16 PM

wacowilly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarker429 View Post
To the first three replies. I leased for the summer of '08. I won't do that again. As a company driver-I am making good money now. I actually have a paycheck.
Overall, I must say that Prime is a very good driver oriented company. I have been driving OTR for 10 years now; about nine years too long. But I do like to drive.
From what I was told, the Prime turnover rate is about 50%. For trucking, that is low.
Prime hires throughout the 48 states. AZ or Reno, NV is ok. I live near Toledo, Ohio.
I have driven for Commercial Carrier Corporation, TRL, and Prime. In between those jobs, for short spans, I drove a dry bulk tanker and dump truck.

Justin
Justin,
I'm supposed to go for Prime orientation in mid-April, I already have my permit, Hazmat. I know that Prime doesn't require a haz although they want me to have a Twic Card--I heard they can use my Hazmat background check and fingerprinting for Twic. They used to do Twic at Prime HQ in Springfield but I heard they don't do that anymore. So why do they want my fingerprints? Is it just for Prime and what do they do with them? I have cleared Hazmat but does Prime do another FBI investigation and if so how long does that take? Because Hazmat took 5 weeks. Do they let you drive in the meantime? Thanks for any help.
WW
Old 03-16-2009, 03:45 PM

How extensive is PRIME'S background check? Do I have to wait for it to be done before I can drive? Thanks,
WW
Old 03-16-2009, 07:21 PM

Thanks for your responses. I'm not worried about them finding anything in my past---I just know they take fingerprints and with twic/hazmat it takes forever to come back. The question is: does Prime allow you to go driving before you're BG comes back or is it an instant online thing thats a short while. Or do they do it as part of the approval process before you ever get there?
Old 03-17-2009, 10:21 AM

To Kat,
I can only find your PM in an email, I can't find it in the forum, but no I'm not a driver yet but hope to be in April. good morning to you too.
WW
Old 03-19-2009, 09:52 PM

Thanks Justin,
Maybe we'll run into each other one of these---who knows maybe you'll be my trainer.
WW
Old 04-07-2009, 01:53 PM

truckingcoco is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarker429 View Post
Hello, my name is Justin. I am an instructor and trainer with Prime. I am seeking students from the Toledo, OH or Norfolk, VA are to learn to drive and make a living at being over the the road. Prime's website is www.primeinc.com.

I am 33 years old. Live in Ohio and have my children in Virginia. I have trained three men and would prefer a female this time around.
Hi I just recently graduated from allstate in Pittssburgh pa 03/08/09. I am in need of a trucking job. i have my CDL and i am ready to hit the road. Can you help me?