West Virginia Resources

West Virginia Department of Transportation

Division of Highways
Building 5
Room A-110
1900 Kanawha Boulevard East
Charleston, WV 25305-0430

Overload Permits

Division of Highways
Building 5
Room 337
1900 Kanawha Boulevard East
Chareston, WV 25305-0430

West Virginia Motor Truck Association

P.O. Box 5187
Capitol Station
Charleston, WV 25361

Trip Permits

Div. of Motor Vehicles
1900 Kanawha Blvd E.
Capitol Complex
Charleston, WV 25317
  304-558-3629 (Info)
  304 558-3735
Trip Permits are obtained via wire services.

Pay Fuel Tax

Department of Tax & Revenue
Motor Carrier/IFTA Unit
PO Box 1682
Charleston, WV 25326-1682

Other Phone Numbers

Office of Motor Carriers: 304-347-5935
Oversize/Overweight Permits: 304-558-0385
Hazardous Materials Permits: 304-340-0456
Vehicle Registration: 304-558-3631
Motor Fuel Tax Office: 304-558-8500
CDL Licensing Information: 304-558-2350

Other Web Sites

Computer Friendly Truckstops

Truckstops that either have easy access to phone jacks for your laptop, or have internet access available onsite.
Take a look >>

Laid over? Where to go, and what to do in West Virginia cities.

Advice from other truckers about what to do when you're laid over in West Virginia.
Take a look >>